BLGA RULES 2019
Unless the committee declares otherwise prior to a tournament. THE GOLF BALL WILL BE PLAYED DOWN EVERYWHERE THROUGH THE GREEN.
2. Rule number 1 includes the rough and bunkers. Anyone not doing so will be disqualified from the tournament.
3. If you have lost your ball or have hit it out of bounds, you can go back to where you hit your original stroke. If you are re-teeing, you do not have to take an arm-lenghth DROP .....but must still count the re- tee as a stroke or you may invoke rule 14.3 and determine the point of entry of the lost ball and take a two stroke penalty by dropping the ball on the edge of the fairway closest to he point of entry.
Remember to use your provisional on golf shots that are questionable. We all have had our bad days out there..... so let's try to keep up the pace of play.
4. Red stake are a lateral hazard.
5. Any area that is marked by the golf course with the sign "sensitive area do not enter" is considered a hazard that you can't hit out of and you must take a penalty.
6. If your swing is impeded by a fence anywhere on the course, you will get full swing relief and two club lengths then take a stroke penalty with a DROP.
7. Retaining fence on the fourth hole if you are inside the fence and your swing is impeded please take stance and two club lengths no closer to the hole and take a DROP.
8. If you do not see the ball go in a groundhog hole it's considered a lost ball and you must go back and re-hit.
(a) if you in an area that your ball is in the groundhog hole you take swing relief and one club length after you have stance, then DROP... it does not mean you have full relief from a tree.
(b) if you are playing the ball as unplayable, you can take the DROP straight back and must keep the obstacle in your line of sight to the pin. Or you can take two club lengths from where the ball is. It is not stance and two club length's.
9. The out-of-bounds stakes on hole number 7 have been re-placed. Please play accordingly.
10. The 18th hole is a par four. If you do not clear the hazard you can re-tee or take a DROP on line to where your ball entered the hazard. There is no drop zone on the other side. Out of bounds is left of the telephone polls.
If you have any question on getting relief, ask your playing partner. You should not be picking up the ball in the rough.
** In order to compete in tournaments you must have an active handicap.**
** You must play your tournaments with an active member and must be posting all of your scores. **